27 Mar How to find your hidden gold
Here at Sonder we are dealing with all kinds of businesses, day-in, day-out, charged with discovering hidden value that will deliver a highly profitable return. We’re like a cross between Sherlock Holmes and the Money Man, Floyd Mayweather!
So we thought you might like to see some examples which will hopefully inspire you to find some untapped gold in your organisation:
- The supermarket which leased out excess floor space to complementary retailers
- The bank which realised the untapped riches within its customer database
- The ecommerce site which invited brand partners to advertise post-transaction
- The retailer which turned high foot traffic into a lucrative screen network
- The tourism business which sold ads to local businesses in its information collateral
- The file transfer site which serves beautifully photographed ads while you wait
- The global FMCG business which gets a financial return on every piece of content it creates
- The credit card business which can extract greater value in negotiations
- The bakery which realised its packaging was a media channel in its own right
- The airline which through data and content can offer partners more than any media business
Often it isn’t obvious at first because organisations are (rightly) focused on their core business. But once a well-trained nose sniffs out an opportunity there is typically an “Aha!” moment. All it takes is a change of lens, a different perspective and an open mind.
There’s gold out there my friends, you’ve just gotta know where to look!